Saturday, December 23, 2017

Perfetti Sconosciuti: Reviews from the Curaçao Film Festival #CIFFR



Thursday, April 6th, 2017, 16:15.

This one blew my mind in all the good ways. Four couples meet for dinner (the single guy's date stands him up, so it's seven instead of eight), all of them long-time friends, some even from childhood. The subject of secrets comes up, and someone says there are no secrets at this table. "We know each other too well." But someone else disagrees, and issues a challenge: everyone put your phone on the table, and during the dinner, any messages that come in will be shared or read aloud, and any calls will be answered on speaker. If there are no secrets, then it should be easy enough to do. Right?

I'm not a big fan of comedy, generally, but this one I found spectacular. Probably because it's serious subject matter cleverly disguised as comedy. And the Italian sense of humor lends itself particularly well to not just the subject matter itself but to the device of disguise. It's a brilliant take on these times of social media and communication technology, but doesn't stop there. How well do we know those closest to us?



3 comments :

  1. That sounds interesting.
    I'm going to go look it up right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Guilie - sounds and looks via the trailer a very interesting film ... thanks for letting us know - have a very happy Christmas and New Year ... warmer than here - I'm in snow, now I'm in Canada - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun concept. In a situation such as this I wouldn't have to worry as I rarely get calls on my cell phone and all my friends know that I never text so none of them ever text me--most of them are like me and don't know how texting works.

    Have a wonderful 2018!

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...