Thursday, August 13, 2015

It's up. It's out. It's done.

 August 9th, 2015. Quiet Sunday, no plans other than lazying around the house, maybe do a bit of yard work later in the afternoon, when the heat goes down. My dushi in the kitchen, preparing me an avocado-and-tomato sandwich for lunch. Facebook spewing its inane entertainment. The dogs asleep around my desk chair, immobilizing me.

The ping of an email. I don't know it yet, but my comfortably ordinary Sunday is about to end.


The email is from my publisher. It's up, says the subject line.

No need to say what. Or where.

The book. My book. It's published. THE MIRACLE OF SMALL THINGS. Out into the world, into the hands of whoever wants to have it, including perfect strangers. Including, most conspicuously, the people who've cheered me on. The people in my life.

Yikes.

It seems so stupid, after 9 months of prepping -- working -- for this, 9 months of knowing it was going to happen... But it still blindsided me.

It's up. It's out. For better or for worse, it's done.

My first book has been published.

9 comments :

  1. Congratulations Guilie! What a thrill! Nothing like it! I wish you happy sales and happy trails!

    Denise :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Denise! (And thanks for spreading the word, too :) Much, much appreciated.)

      Delete
  2. Ditto Denise's words, an awesome journey ahead, enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Yolanda! Also for the share & conversation on Twitter... I'm so glad we're connected :)

      Delete
  3. Oh wow!! Congratulations!! Most people think about it but don't do it( thinking of me) but you have done something you should be proud of! Congrats to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Birgit! To be fair, I thought about it for 20 years before actually doing it :D And the funny thing is one thinks once it's done it's, well, done -- achieved, checked off. Whatever. But it's not. This "finish" line is actually the beginning of another race... I don't mean book sales or reviews or anything like that. I mean the next story, the next project; mostly, I suppose, I mean growth. One must keep growing. Improving. (I probably should put this in a post, haha.) And that's actually a good, good feeling: the sense that it's not the "end" but, rather, the beginning :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Guilie - congratulations ... such an accomplishment - may you have much success and here's to many more books and series ahead ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hilary! Haha -- I just replied to Birgit exactly along the lines of "many more books" :) I'll definitely lift a glass to that! And thank you for stopping by. I'm looking forward to having you back in the blogosphere soon!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations Guilie! I'm so excited for you! Your baby is out there! Yay!
    I can't wait to read it...

    And we know that this is only the beginning-------------- a toast to many more awesome stories waiting to be told!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...