Friday, January 10, 2014

Top 20 Photos of 2013 -- #11

Today's edition of the Kuantan Blog's Top 20 Challenge:


July 2013, Amsterdam. My brother-in-law listening to his mother answer the judge's question:
Why do you think your son asked you to be a witness to his marriage?
The photo itself isn't special except for the fact that it's among maybe 10 others (of over 60) I shot
that didn't come out blurry. I was shooting without a tripod and without flash (I hate flash), more an
experiment than actual documentation--witness the professional photographer behind the groom.
But it's special--very, very much so--to me because of the moment, the raw emotion.
The little boy inside the man.

7 comments :

  1. Not often you see a man cries but when they do, it is priceLESS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Indeed, Duncan. Maybe I shouldn't have un-hidden the story--might've made the shot all the more intriguing ;) Thanks for the visit!

      Delete
    2. Perhaps, but I really do believe a story behind a picture multiplies its worth

      Delete
  3. Very well captured. The emotion is very clear and unmistakable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful shot that says so much. Your explanation explains and enhances the picture so well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...